Portobello Capital is a Private Equity leader in the Middle Market in Iberia. Founded in 2010 by Íñigo Sánchez-Asiaín, Ramón Cerdeiras, Juan Luis Ramírez, Fernando Chinchurreta y Luis Peñarrocha, to ensure continuity in the management of the funds started back in 1990.

Its assets under management worth approximately 700 million euro and has a team with 18 professionals.

In August 2014, Portobello Capital closed its Fund III with 375M€, being the largest fund raised in Spain since 2008.. Its previous fund, Portobello Capital Fund II had initial commitments of 331M€.

Currently holds nine portfolio companies:

  • Multiasistencia: claim management outsourcing for insurance companies
  • Angulas Aguinaga: manufacturer of baby eels succedaneum and other fish
  • Mediterránea : catering services focused on the hospital and school segment
  • Ice Cream Factory Comaker: ice cream producer for private labels
  • Grupo Uno CTC: merchandising and logistics services outsourcing
  • Festa: women focused clothing retail chain
  • Veinsur: independent distributor of Volvo industrial vehicles
  • IAN: canned vegetables and ready-to-eat manufacturer

  • Area of Activity
  • Private Equity sector
  • Company type
  • Private Equity
c/ Almagro 36, 2º
Madrid, Madrid 28010, ES
P: +34 91 431 80 71
F: +34 91 431 45 23
E: info@portobellocapital.es

Portobello Capital Team has 18 professionals.

Portobello Capital Investment Team is one of the most experienced and recognised private equity teams in Spain.

Ramón Cerdeiras


Fernando Chinchurreta

Luis Peñarrocha

Juan Luis Ramírez

Íñigo Sánchez-Asiaín

Norberto Arrate

Raúl Cánovas

Carlos Dolz de Espejo

Jaime Fernández-Rubíes

Antonio de la Hoz

Portobello Capital Funds are generalist and invest in middle market companies across industries in Spain and Portugal.

  • Enterprise value between €50 and €500 million.
  • Equity investment between €10 and €100 million.
  • Based in Spain or Portugal.
  • Mostly controlling stakes.
  • Any industry sector excluding financial services, real estate and IT.
  • Leading companies with sustainable competitive advantages and clear growth potential.
  • Top level in-house or external management team.
  • Leverage capacity.

We are an independent company with one of the teams with the best track record in the industry. We have shown our ability to increase the value of investee companies mainly through profitability growth.

Independency. Portobello Capital Gestión is a Private Equity Firm that does not belong to any industrial, financial or family group.

Experience and "track record".
Our senior team have been in the market since the early 90´s and has carried out transactions yielding results above the industry average. We have extensive experience in more than 40 operations of all types.

Differentiation in the execution. We try to find operations that nobody sees, it is not unusual to see Portobello Capital in massive auctions. We apply flexibility and creativity to adapt to the needs of our sellers, buyers and partners

Creation of value. The priority of Portobello Capital is to maximise value for our investors and partners. To achieve this goal we bring all our expertise to the companies we invest in, and we support, strengthen and incentivise their executive teams:

  • Working on the definition of the strategy.
  • Encouraging organic and inorganic growth, in domestic and foreing market.
  • Increasing operational efficiency.
  • Applying controls to provide maximum information and transparency.
  • Demanding financial discipline.

International investors represent over 75% of the commitments of the fund, mainly pension funds and insurance companies. The remaining 25% are Spanish investors, mainly institutional ones.

Portobello Capital