Caixa Capital Risc is the venture capital arm of CriteriaCaixa which invests in innovative companies in their start-up and growth stages. The company has three specialised teams in the areas of Information Technology, Life Sciences, and Industrial technologies.
Caixa Capital Risc currently manages more than 200 million Euro through 9 specialised vehicles.
We have made more than 250 investments since 2007, in which more than 50 domestic and international venture capital funds have participated. We have also participated in the majority of successful start-ups in Spain ultimately acquired by blue-chip companies (Facebook, AirBnB, Kerry Foods, Qiagen, Vente-Privee, Pernod Ricard, Repsol etc.).
- Area of Activity
- Private Equity Investors in Computer Software and Hardware
- Private Equity Investors in Industrial Products sector
- Private Equity Investors in Energy sector
- Private Equity Investors in Building, Construction and Real Estate
- Private Equity Investors in Transport and Logistics
- Private Equity Investors in Telecom indsustry
- Private Equity Investors in Technology
- Private Equity Investors in Health and Medical sector
- Private Equity Investors in Environment and Natural Resources
- Private Equity Investors in Electronics sector
- Private Equity Investors in Automobile, Industrial sector and Robotics
- Private Equity Investors in Food and Beverages industry
- Private Equity Investors in Agriculture, Livestock and Fishing
- Private Equity sector
- Private Equity Investors in Industrial Services
- Private Equity Investors in Internet and technological companies
- Private Equity Investors in Biotechnology
- Company type
- Private Equity
Avenida Diagonal, 621
Barcelona, Barcelona 08028, ES
P: 93 409 40 60
Xavier Álvarez, managind director of Caixa Capital Risc
Caixa Capital Risc invests in the areas of Information Technology, Life Sciences, and Industrial technologies.
We mostly invest in companies that develop innovative therapies that address an unmet medical need, and with committed, experienced management.
We lead or jointly lead capital rounds in initial phases in B2B companies with a special focus on those that are supported by the innovative technologies to solve real market needs and create a competitive advantage.
We invest in companies in the industrial technologies field, as well as in innovative production processes.
Alongside our investment activity, we have supported several activities such as the CaixaImpulse programme, currently managed by the “la Caixa” Foundation, to facilitate tech transfer and develop companies in their early stages.
Caixa Capital Risc invests in the early stages of innovative companies through convertible loans or equity. The company currently has investments in over 100 companies.
The companies in our portfolio are characterised by being led by highly committed entrepreneurs who have the technical and managerial skills to develop the project, that operate in large or growing markets across the world, and which work with market-proven technology with an innovative and profitable value proposition.
Please visit our portfolio on this link