Miura Private Equity has invested in Tekman Books , a leading company in th e Spanish market of educational programs. Tekman develops and commercializes innovative educational programs for infant, elementary and secondary schools . Miura will help Tekman to achieve its growth plan, including the expansion in to LatAm , the reinforcement of the company’s presence in Spain and the development of new educational programs.
The Company will continue to be managed by the current team, led by its CEO Enric del Pozo, a member of the founding family who retains control of the Company .
Tekman Books , founded in 2009 in Barcelona, is currently present in 800 schools and expects to reach 10 million euros in sales in 2016 .
The Company is an active actor in the global transformation of the educational sector. In this regard , its teaching materials - including books, games, apps and other contents - are developed to improve student ’s learning experience . Tekman’s programs , developed wi th a highly disruptive approach powered by the company’s intensive research and development , are based on successful and proven methodologies including multiple intelligence s , problem - solving problems , gamification or cooperative work to name a few .
Tekman Books currently product portfolio includes programs such as :
- Entusiasmat : math ematic s program included in infant and primary education academic curriculum, contextualized and adapted to student’s current reality.
- Ludiletras : literacy program to promote neurological development of children aged between 3 and 12. The program is focused in creativity and encouragement of the communication area.
- Planeta Spoonk : science program addressed to second cycle of infant education through a self - learning perspective .
- Ajedrez en el Aula: chess program targeted to children between 3 and 12 years old aimed at develop ing creative thinking and cultivat ing values and social skills .
- Onmat : secondary education al program that aims to revolutionize mathematics t hrough customized and individual learning. Onmat , which is experiencing sound positive acceptance , is achieving first successful results in schools where the program is currently being tested .
About Miura Private Equity ( www.miuraequity.com )
Miura is a private investment firm with headquarters in Barcelona. Currently it has €300 million of Assets under Management . The f irm specializes in investing in small and medium size Spanish companies, with attractive consolidation potential and growth perspectives , including international expansion plans . Since 2008, Miura has invested in 2 6 companies, valued at about €6 50 million