Aigües Barcelona has made known through Barcelona Business Disruptive Innovation (B2DI), its subsidiary for disruptive innovation, the 20 projects selected which have been incorporated into the Síty incubation program
These are projects on various topics: geolocation of dependents, domestic services hiring and repairs, creating content for schools, urban gardens, 3D printing, data analysis of the city, or auction product for charitable causes, among others. They all have a common bond. The aim of the company is to develop innovative applications related to urban development and improving the quality of people’s lives. These team projects will receive 200 hours training for two months. After a new selection process, the finalists will go to a new phase of incubation, with economic incentives. The program ends in September with a Demo Day, where the finalists present their projects to a panel of experts and will be eligible for extra funding of up to 100,000 euros, to undertake the final stages of development.
Síty is an incubation program for start-ups to improve the quality of life of citizens, developed with the support of Incubio, which manages the Canòdrom Creative Research Park. Fernando Rayón, director B2DI, siad “with Sity we apply the vocation of service of Aigües de Barcelona, promoting initiatives devised by the citizens themselves to improve the daily of all citizens. Our goal is that these initiatives end up forming a rich entrepreneurial ecosystem with sustainable social, economic and environmental benefits for citizens and for citizens, and a positive impact on the greatest possible urban actors.
The selected projects are:
- RockTheWave – The Surfers reference tool
- GetMassage – Booking platform for massage
- myABCKit – Play-based learning app for toddlers and kids at school
- HUI! – Growing vegetables at home easier, more guided and less challenging
- 3DClick – The easiest way to create and share 3D interactive manuals
- BuyYourself – The smart security-tag system that allows to check-out without queueing up
- Familyar – It facilitates communication among the elderly
- Things2Help – Auction second-hand things and find opportunities, working in solidarity and sustainability.
- Common Locals – Your travel wizard
- PushForTask – Save time, delegate your home tasks
- ParkingHood – Rent your parking per days and hours
- CerQana – Autonomy and integration for dependent people
- MotionsCloud – Claims adjustment solution for Insurers
- Mudedd – Smart Mobility solution for city planners
- Kuorum – Follow politicians and keep up to date about their activity.
- TripUniq– Unique travel plans handmade by local experts
- Sharing Academy – Receive private classes from students within your university
- Mout – Makes museums content relevant. Inspire, Share & Connect.
- Familiados – Marketplace for professional caregiving
- Smart Monkey – Real time route optimization solution